Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Russell Street School - A Blogging Exemplar

The Russell Street School utilizes blogging in an excellent way. As a parent of two elementary school students, I would love both the communication and information available from the blogs but even more than that I would love my boys to have the opportunity to blog. They are both reluctant writers and I think this could be a great tool.

I have loved the opportunity that blogging has provided me this term. It is fun to reflect and write about the things that are on my mind. I think my students will feel the same way. I imagine that there will be bumps along the way as I implement blogging into the curriculum. The way that the teachers at the Russell Street School utilize blogs is an excellent example. I would love to see this model for an older group of students.

I love the ideas of this school and am eager to implement them!

-Christine

1 comment:

  1. Even though I do not have children, I agree that the classroom blogs are definitely great for communication. My niece attends a daycare where they use an app to take pictures and provide updates for the parents at the end of the day so when I took care of her for a week I found it so incredibly helpful! It made me realize how helpful and interesting it is as a parent to have this constant communication.

    ReplyDelete